Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tongue Tied

Well, the summer is practically over and I have yet to begin to master the language of Khmer. Tessa and I have been taking Khmer lessons from a member in the church. We can say simple phrases and answer basic questions...as long as they revolve around what we want to do or eat. Apparently talking about food is a universal subject that everyone enjoys.

As I have learned more about the Khmer language, the more I am motivated to learn and practice here in Provo, UT.  All I need to do is find someone who is willing to tutor me, which may prove to me more difficult than I thought. Anyways, I always like a good challenge and this will keep me focused on something until school starts.

Can you believe that the new semester starts in just a few weeks? I cannot, but I am excited to start as a BYU GRAD STUDENT! Yes! I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment